Sunday 27 April 2008

Tweetclouds -a lesson in how the network speaks



There has been lots of fun talk around on twitter lately about some of the applications for twitter addicts, like tweetscan, twitterkarma and twitpics- just to name a few, but the one I have found most fascinating as an expression of what I have been doing for the last few months is the Tweetcloud. Here is my current one and I am so fascinated by the way I have used language and who my links are to. These are people, many of whom I have never met f2f, but they are people I hurry home to hear from at night and have been organising a group meeting on Flash meeting so we can talk together more about our jobs and our ideas.This cloud is more than just words -it is a visualisation of what is happening and very real!

3 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Didn't realize until I saw yours that it was all in alphabetical order. I also notice that "Thanks" was pretty big too. That says a lot about you too! :)

Moturoa said...

Isn't it interesting- everyone seems to have 'thanks' as one of their most often used words. It is indicative of new learning we find through Twitter.

Allanah K

Sue Waters said...

I just love TweetCloud because it does highlight your conversations. However hubby is taking up too much real estate on mine -- thinking of remaining him to change his status.

Sue Waters
Mobile Technology in TAFE